As millions of Americans continue to struggle to make ends meet, there has been increased national attention to and growing public support for cash transfers as an effective way to get money into the pockets of people hit hardest by the pandemic and economic crisis. Government and philanthropy are experimenting with a variety of approaches– universal basic income pilots, emergency stimulus, and tax credits — to explore how to ensure that families who need it the most have access to flexible resources. Join us to learn more about how government, philanthropy, and advocacy organizations are making the case for cash.
- Nisha Patel, Powered by Shakti (Moderator)
- Aisha Nyandoro, CEO, Springboard To Opportunities
- George Jones, CEO, Bread for City
Note: This webinar is for funders and philanthropic advisors whose primary activity is grantmaking. Staff from philanthropic serving organizations and affinity groups are also eligible to join.
This webinar is the first program of the EOF 2021 Virtual Budget and Tax Briefing. EOF hosts an annual Budget and Tax Briefing to provide funders and philanthropic advisors with a unique opportunity to learn about and discuss why federal and state budget and tax work matters to national, state and local philanthropy. Due to the COVID pandemic, we have decided to shift this year’s Budget Briefing to a no contact, high engagement virtual series of events. The series will include four funder learning webinars on Thursdays in April.
- April 8, 2021 -- Federal Policy, Budget and Revenue Outlook
- April 15, 2021 -- State Policy, Budget and Revenue Outlook
- April 22, 2021 -- Making the Case for Cash
- April 29, 2021 -- Meet the 2021 Law & Social Policy Legacy Award Winner