If we are going to end homelessness, we must acknowledge and address structural racism and racial inequities as root causes of homelessness and housing instability. Funders need to focus on changing the systems that create and perpetuate racial disparities and inequities. Doing so is not an easy or quick task, nor is it solely the role of philanthropy. But together, we can take steps to educate ourselves and use our influence locally and nationally to push for housing justice.
In 2019, Funders Together launched the first cohort of Foundations for Racial Equity. Starting in June 2021, we will convene a second cohort of Foundations for Racial Equity to support more funders in moving the needle toward greater racial equity in homelessness and housing.
Join this informational webinar to learn more about Foundations for Racial Equity and whether participating in the second cohort is right for you.
- Hear what the goals of the community of practice are and examples of the conversations the community of practice will have
- Hear who should participate and expectations for participants
- Learn what participants from the first cohort learned and how their work changed during the community of practice
- Learn how to apply to be a part of the second Foundations for Racial Equity cohort
- Stephanie Chan, Director of Membership and Programs, Funders Together to End Homelessness
- Participants from the first cohort, to be announced
This webinar will take place via Zoom and will last 60 minutes. The webinar will be recorded, and the recording will be posted publicly on the Foundations for Racial Equity page after the webinar.