A full-day professional development workshop for Mid-Atlantic grantmakers taught by our region's experienced practitioners! Presented by ABAG every year.
- Your grantmaking within the local and national philanthropic landscape
- Developing grant guidelines and communicating with the public
- Reviewing proposals and conducting due diligence
- Legal and ethical guidelines for grantmaking excellence
- Maximizing grant impact
- Strategies for continued learning and improvement
Who Should Attend
- Trustees, staff, and executive directors of foundations, giving circles and corporate giving programs who want to expand their grantmaking skills, deepen their understanding of philanthropy and learn from their colleagues
- Individuals who are exploring how to organize significant charitable giving
- Beginning grantmakers will appreciate the workshop's efficient overview of all aspects of grantmaking
- Intermediate grantmakers will appreciate the time to reflect on and refine their grantmaking fundamentals
- $100 ABAG members - $85 Early-Bird Discount before May 11, 2018
- $100 members of Philanthropy Serving Organizations* that are part of the United Philanthropy Forum - $85 Early-Bird Discount before May 11, 2018
- $145 non-member grantmakers - $130 Early-Bird Discount before May 11, 2018
- Total attendance will be limited to 25 registrants; ABAG reserves the right to cancel the event if fewer than five grantmakers register (fees would be reimbursed
- *Please contact your membership organization for the discount code.
This workshop is adopted from Essential Skills and Strategies for New Grantmakers, co-developed by the Council on Foundations and the United Philanthropy Forum. All participants will receive a set of helpful reference materials. Please direct any questions or inquiries to Elisabeth Hyleck email@example.com or 410-727-1205 x 1211.