As we listen to the loud and steady drumbeat of attacks on efforts to combat systemic racism through the distortion of Critical Race Theory, anti-racist education and even the intent of "DEI" programming, progressive funders might have been tempted to ignore these lies as so exaggerated and patently false, thinking that they warranted little to no serious response. However, as we have witnessed efforts to enact censorship bans take root in over twenty states, it is clear that funders need to recognize this latest threat as part of a familiar racial backlash playbook and invest to tackle it more directly. It is imperative that we all have clarity of understanding about these attacks and the formidable conservative infrastructure behind it as well as the talking points to counter them yourself or within your leadership roles to be effective with own board members.
Join ABFE - A Philanthropic Partnership for Black Communities and the Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity (PRE) to learn directly from some of the leading voices and organizations battling this current attack on racial equity & racial justice on national, state & local levels.
- Susan Taylor Batten, President and CEO, ABFE: A Philanthropic Partnership for Black Communities
- Lori Villarosa, Executive Director, Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity (PRE)
- Kimberlé Crenshaw, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the African American Policy Forum (AAPF)
- Dennis Chin, Vice President, Narrative, Arts and Culture, Race Forward
- Eric K. Ward, Executive Director, Western States Center