Save the date for Foundations on the Hill 2024. #FOTH2024 will be held in Washington D.C from February 25-28, 2024.
For information about Foundations on the Hill, please contact Senior Public Policy Director, Matthew L. Evans.
Foundations on the Hill 2024
The 21st Annual Foundations on the Hill, hosted and presented by United Philanthropy Forum in partnership with Independent Sector and the Council on Foundations, is the largest annual public policy and advocacy conference dedicated solely to the philanthropic sector.
Year after year, we have demonstrated that when sector advocates and leaders come together and speak to Congress in a unified voice, we can make a lasting impact by promoting a strong sector and advocating for vibrant, healthy, and equitable communities across the country.
Now, as a full public policy conference, in addition to meeting with legislators and government officials, FOTH attendees will be able to attend pre-conference programming, conference keynotes, expert panel sessions, and several receptions.
#FOTH2024: A Dedicated Public Policy Conference
- Informative, engaging, and interactive programming and presentations about public policy issues impacting philanthropy and the communities we work with and in
- Several networking opportunities, providing attendees multiple chances to connect and be in community with colleagues and fellow advocates from across the country
- Opportunities for PSOs, foundation leaders, and sector advocates to develop and strengthen relationships with their Members of Congress, staff, and federal officials
- Positions the Forum, member PSOs, and sector advocates as a resource to Capitol Hill offices and federal agencies
How Foundations on the Hill Works
#FOTH2024 Conference Programming
Foundations on the Hill is now a complete advocacy conference with programming elements throughout your time here in Washington, D.C.
- Pre-conference Programming on Sunday, February 25,
- Full Slate of Programming on Monday, February 26,
- Advocacy and Leadership Summit Breakfast on Tuesday, February 27.
#FOTH2024 Advocacy Days and Capitol Hill Visits
Before #FOTH2024, Forum Policy and Advocacy Liaisons (PALs), serving as FOTH Delegation Captains, are responsible for scheduling meetings on Capitol Hill with Members of Congress, committee staff, and government officials at federal agencies during:
- Tuesday, February 27th (Following the Advocacy and Leadership Summit Breakfast after 10:00 AM Eastern)
- Wednesday, February 28th
FOTH Delegations are comprised of Forum member PSOs, their foundation members, and/or participating sector advocates in the respective PSO region or issue area.
- State and Regional PSO Led Delegations should seek to schedule meetings with their respective members of Congress or staff in the House and Senate.
- (Ex. Virginia Funders Network should look to schedule meetings with the offices of Senators Warner and Kaine (D-VA).
- National PSO Led Delegations should seek to schedule meetings with Congressional Committee staff, Federal Agencies, and Congressional Caucuses.
- (Ex. Funders Together to End Homelessness should look to schedule meetings with the Department of Housing and Urban Development).
Delegation Captains will be responsible for setting up meetings, sharing policy priorities to discuss, and communicating with delegation members about scheduling updates.
The Forum will host two pre-FOTH webinars (January and February 2024) dedicated to preparing attendees for Foundations on the Hill, including meetings with Hill offices and federal policymakers.
Who Can Participate
The 2024 Foundations on the Hill is open to United Philanthropy Forum’s PSO members, their foundation members, and members of staff of other philanthropic and nonprofit sector organizations.
The Forum also welcomes foundation leaders, sector advocates, and staff not within the Forum’s member network to participate in #FOTH2024. Attendees interested in attending Hill meetings, not part of the broader member network, will be assigned by the Forum to a FOTH Delegation from their state, region, or national PSO focus area.