It's a wrap!
Foundations on the Hill
Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) brings together foundation leaders from across the country for meetings with Congress about key issues of importance to foundations and philanthropy. FOTH is presented by United Philanthropy Forum, in partnership with the Alliance for Charitable Reform and Council on Foundations. Foundation trustees and staff work with their regional or national philanthropy-serving organization to schedule meetings on Capitol Hill to personally discuss their work with members of Congress.
Foundations on the Hill is the one time each year when philanthropy speaks with a strong, collective voice on Capitol Hill. Our goals are to inform and educate Congress about philanthropy; create visibility for philanthropy on Capitol Hill; advocate on issues affecting foundations and communities; and encourage Congress to view foundations as a resource on key public policy issues. With the charitable sector under threat in many ways in Washington today, it's more important than ever for philanthropy to show up as a united force for good in Washington.
Forum's Perspective: #FOTH18 & Forum's Policy Strategy
Presenting a Fuller, Stronger Voice for Philanthropy- In his latest blog post, Forum President & CEO David Biemesderfer looks back at this year's event and how it is a part of the Forum's emerging policy strategy to create a fuller voice for philanthropy.
#FOTH18 News & Attendee Perspectives
- Bridging Philanthropy and Public Policy: Delegate Highlights from Foundations on the Hill- Philanthropy Northwest recaps their expereince at this year's Foundations on the Hill and their key talking points.
- Listening for Bits of Truth in DC- Michael Hamill Remaley, Senior Vice President, Public Policy & Communications at Philanthropy New York recaps his experience at this year's Foundations on the Hill including what he heard during his meetings about the Johnson Amendment, fixes to the tax bill and 2020 census.
- Advocating for the Sector: Rob Collier on Foundations on the Hill- Rob Collier, President & CEO of the Council of Michigan Foundations discusses the importance of attending FOTH, the impact of attending and why CMF brings a large delegation each year.
- Philanthropy’s message to Washington- Nina Stack, President of the Council of New Jersey Grantmakers, shares the messages the New Jersey delegation was sharing while meeting with each the state's 14 Congressional and Senate offices during Foundations on the Hill.
- Foundations Fan Out on Capitol Hill to Press Their Case on Taxes and Other Worries- The Chronicle of Philanthropy's coverage of Foundations on the Hill
Joint Foundations on the Hill & PolicyWorks Institute Lead Sponsor
There are several opportunities to show your support for the philanthropic sector and reach more than 300 philanthropy leaders from across the country during the PolicyWorks Institute and Foundations on the Hill.
Please contact Maggie Osborn (202-386-6426) with any questions about the event.