Essential Skills & Strategies (ESS) for New Grantmakers is a two-day educational program designed to provide a comprehensive overview for both trustees and staff to the foundation world and the field of philanthropy. Sessions are taught in an interactive, classroom format that will provide grantmakers with the knowledge, insight, skills, and tools to be effective in their work. ESS has been endorsed by philanthropic groups and foundations around the country.
- Being Grounded in Philanthropy
- Navigating Legal and Ethical Issues
- Making Sound Funding Recommendations
- Communicating Funding Recommendations and Decisions
- Managing Your Grant Portfolio
- Maximizing Grant Impact
- Strategies for Professional Excellence and Personal Satisfaction