Wednesday, August 17, 2016 to Thursday, August 18, 2016
The Colorado Trust, 1600 Sherman Street
Add to Calendar
Registration is now closed for this event
The two-day Community Foundation Boot Camp program offers a comprehensive overview of the structure and operations of a community foundation. It is an ideal in-depth introduction to community foundations for new community foundation staff, community foundation board members, or other community foundation staff looking for a good refresher. Topics covered include:
- History, purpose
- Board governance
- Gifts and funds
- Asset development
- Community leadership
- Finance and investments
- Legal Issues
- Operational sustainability
- Lifecycles of community foundations
You can download the full community foundation boot camp curriculum below.
Day 1: 10:00 – 5:00
Day 2: 8:30 – 3:30
The Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers is pleased to offer this program at a member rate to any community foundation that is a member of one of the Forum’s Regional Association members. The training will be provided by our colleagues at the Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA). IPA, thanks to ongoing support from Lilly Endowment Inc., offers a training and technical assistance program for community foundations, known as GIFT, and has a comprehensive curriculum and experienced trainers.
- Members of a Regional Association: $450/person (early bird) or $500/person
- Non-members: $650/person (early bird) or $700/person.
- The minimum registration is 30 persons. If fewer than 30 persons register, the program will be cancelled. Decision date is June 30, 2016.