Friday, March 31, 2023 -
2:00pm to 3:00pm EDT
Add to Calendar
The Council on Foundations and the Center for Public Interest Communications have recently completed a scan of the dominant narratives around foundations. Our findings, in short: We need better stories and better language if we really want to lift up the positive impact of our work, push back against false narratives, and build trust.
In this overview webinar, we’ll share:
- Insights from social, behavioral and cognitive science that explain why some narratives can be harmful, despite our best intentions.
- A set of research-based principles for storytelling that helps others understand the unique role the sector plays in building a better world.
- A peek at our plans for message testing and other research - and how you can be involved.
Join us to learn more about how nonprofits and foundations can tell stories in authentic and compelling ways that show how change really happens.
- Nicole Bronzan, Vice President, Communications and Content, Council on Foundations
- Ann Searight Christiano, Founder and Director, Center for Public Interest Communications
- Aaron Zeiler, Director of Partner Strategies, Center for Public Interest Communications