Want to advance equity within your workplace, but unsure where to start?
Indiana Philanthropy Alliance (IPA) has partnered with See What I Mean (SWIM) to walk you through a Putting Equity in the Center framework that is focused on your workplace.
PSOs and their members are invite to join us to think about racial equity in every area of your organization and receive actionable recommendations and resources to help you make progress. Using SWIM's Putting Racial Equity in the Center Assessment within the first session will provide insights on where you can begin.
With expertise in community engagement, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), philanthropy, and corporate social responsibility, SWIM will guide our participants through three two-hour virtual sessions. Attendance at each session is encouraged as topics build upon one another.
Each session will rely on sharing among members, amplifying BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) voices and concerns, connecting you with resources to use after the session, and providing time for dialogue.
During this three-session, virtual workshop you will work on the following:
Gaining executive and board buy-in
- Tools to develop common language, visions, and mission by developing common ground.
- Advice for organizing a racial equity or DEI leadership team in your organization.
- Review results of your Putting Racial Equity in the Center Assessment.
Developing a plan for change in important capacities of your organization
- Using your assessment results, we’ll focus on a few capacities (like communication, community leadership, data, evaluation, etc.) and provide examples, advice, and resources for you to prioritize action.
- We will also help you generate a plan for how to budget and use your influence to bring your plans to fruition.
Examining and adapting our grantmaking to advance equity
- Using assessment questions, you will have the chance to examine how your grantmaking processes, applications, decision making, and evaluation may be inhibiting or accelerating your equity in your grantmaking.
- We will explore what types of grantmaking strategies may best meet the needs of your communities.
- Members: $150.00
- Non-Members: $300.00
This three-session, virtual workshop takes place from 1-3 pm ET on the following dates:
- June 8, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- August 5, 2021
Who Should Join
Open to all PSOs and their members, these workshops are designed for anyone working in philanthropy who is interested in using their influence and decision to advance racial equity. This includes CEO, senior leaders, program directors, and coordinators.