This session is an affinity space for BIPOC equity capacity builders working within organizations, as consultants, and/or in communities and networks.
Too often, we are disconnected from our sources of replenishment and nourishment, especially when the demands on our time and energies are extreme (as they have been for some time). This session is designed to help us reconnect with our center at all times, and especially in times of turmoil, internal and external pressure.
- Explore the relationship between deep equity and healing (the body & subtle body, heart-mind, emotions & natural elements as domains of liberation);
- Reflect on approaches for deepening emotional/energetic capacity for deep equity work;
- Re-engage tools we may have that already feed us;
- Share and explore potentially new practices to increase capacity, healing, grounding and resilience to advance equity at depth for the long-haul; and
- Explore next steps to expand awareness, skills and reservoirs for healing, equity & transformation.
- There will be time for individual reflection & practice, as well as small group dialogue and (optional) sharing.
- *Feel free to dress in comfortable clothes that you can engage in gentle movements as needed/desired :). You can also opt out of the movement portions and just remain still & seated.
- The approaches shared will be accessible to all abilities, with adjustments offered to practices, as desired.
This session is designed to honor the gifts and practices people may already bring, while sharing new approaches from the facilitator’s experience as a long-term deep equity consultant and practitioner, and as a teacher in indigenous African-based and Yogic Buddhist traditions. Participants will (hopefully) leave with new, deeper, renewed or rediscovered tools for resilience, groundedness, and fierce compassion for ourselves, each other and the world.