#ForumCon20 is Going Virtual
United Philanthropy Forum’s Virtual Conference is unlike any other event in the philanthropy sector. It is the only event that brings together people from all of the country’s philanthropy associations and networks—philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs) that play a key role in advancing, informing and supporting the field. It’s the only conference where we can delve into our unique role as CEOs and staff of regional and national PSOs, connect with others in similar roles, and explore how we can work together to increase philanthropy’s impact.
The 2020 Forum Virtual Conference schedule will be filled with great speakers like Dr. Ibram Kendi, bestselling author and the Founding Director of The Antiracist Research & Policy Center at American University, and Michelle DePass, President of the Meyer Memorial Trust. Concurrent and Think Tank sessions led by your colleagues from throughout the network will highlight their powerful work around environmental justice, building an equitable democracy, lessons from the pandemic, and movement in their racial equity efforts. There will also be plenty of skills-building sessions to help us do our work better as PSO professionals. We'll continue to provide opportunities to connect and learn with your peers in similar roles at our CEO Summit, Peer Community sessions and Mid-Level Practitioner session with the ability to attend more than one peer community gathering this year. We are also continuing our partnership with Media Impact Funders to incorporate film into our agenda by organizing a film festival as part of the conference.
We will be adding details about sessions and speakers as we build the conference you expect from the Forum, so check back regularly to see what has been confirmed.
Why Attend Virtually?
- Attend as many sessions as you like- you'll be able to access resources, participate in chats and ask questions, and watch recordings for all sessions. You don't need to attend live to gain value and insights from the session content.
- You'll have access to our conference platform and all of its content 24 hours a day for 1 year.
- Engage with other attendees during sessions and in the virtual "hallways". You'll be able to connect with attendees via direct message and schedule 1:1 or small group video chats. Not sure who to connect with? Our platform will recommend other attendees based on your profile and session attendance.
When Will Live Content Take Place?
- Sessions will take place between 12-5 pm ET | 9 am - 2 pm PT each day.
- Each day will kick-off with an overview of the day and a daily poem in partnership with the Wick Poetry Center.
- All sessions will be recorded and accessible on-demand for 1 year for conference registrants.
Who is Eligible to Attend?
- Regional philanthropy membership associations and organizations
- National identity-based philanthropy affinity groups, membership associations and organizations
- Regional and national issue-based philanthropy affinity groups, membership associations and organizations
- National practice-based affinity groups, philanthropy membership associations and organizations
- Regional and national philanthropy membership associations and organizations focused on a single type of funder
- National sector-wide philanthropy membership associations and organizations
- Academic centers of philanthropy
- Board members & other leaders of philanthropy-serving organizations
- Consultants with the endorsement of a Forum member organization
Please contact Courtney Moore (202-888-7428) with any questions about registering for the conference and Maggie Osborn (202-386-6426) with any questions about the conference program.